If you are the owner of a housecleaning business, it’s your responsibility to grow your business and book more jobs for the cleaning professionals and maids that are associated with your company or organization. In this era, simple word-of-mouth advertising or traditional marketing methods won’t take you too far. You have to build a solid online presence. Thus, the first thing you should do is search “home cleaning services near me” on Google and see whether your website ranks on the first page of Google.
If your website doesn’t rank on the first page of Google, it’s time to do some heavy SEO. And, if you don’t have an official website yet, it’s time to create one to attract more clients. Here are a few tips you can follow to grow your house cleaning business:
- Train your cleaning professional well – The number one factor that can stunt the growth of your cleaning business is a lack of inexperienced maids. In fact, no matter how much you spread your reputation, spread awareness of your service via marketing, or offer exciting deals and discounts, none of them would work in the long-term if your clients are not pleased with the service of the brand.
Thus, it’s crucial to design a standard training program that every maid has to follow through. For instance, you can list how to remove stains from grout, clean the kitchen and bathrooms with efficiency, vacuum and mop the floors, etc. It is also a good idea to list multiple ways to achieve the same result and train employees to detect the most suitable path they may take for each job. Also, ensure that you train them to use all the cleaning supplies and tools correctly and efficiently so that they don’t damage the property of the client or take too long to clean a property.
The best way to train new maids is to pair them up with an experienced maid and allow them to go through on-the-job training. Such training methods are more practical and would help them to grow significantly faster.
It’s also imperative to train their soft skills such as social awareness and personality attributes and develop their emotional intelligence, communication abilities, work ethic, decision-making skills, team working abilities, and more instead of solely focusing on performance metrics.
Lastly, you have to train them to follow company protocols properly such as wearing company uniforms, greeting the customers and introducing themselves, handling property damage, and outline the insurance coverage and preferred policies. This helps to reduce misunderstanding and improve client satisfaction that can be the difference between low-value short-term clients and high-value long-term clients.
- Build an online presence – Building an online presence is incredibly important since it can help you attract a ton of new customers and stay on top of the competition by building a positive brand image. To get started, hire a web developer to build an official website for your company and create all the relevant social media profiles and pages such as Facebook pages, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and more. You can build your website on your own without much investment by using WordPress and free themes.
However, it is necessary to hire a digital marketing expert to spread your online presence. They would also run advertising campaigns linked to your professional business pages to attract potential customers in your locality and build the company brand. Initially, you can simply do organic advertising by posting attractive pictures, testimonials, and successful home cleaning stories on your social media accounts to create traction.
Once you have created a list of audiences, you can target them using email newsletters that convert well or queue them on remarketing campaigns to constantly remind them of your services.
- Set up a referral program – Creating a referral program and allowing your clients to participate in it is one of the fastest ways to grow your cleaning business. All you need to do is ask them to refer new customers to your business and offer them special privileges or discounts based on the number of new customers they bring. Unlike traditional advertising, referrals use word-of-mouth advertising to convince potential customers to hire your service and such a strategy is much more effective
- Practice networking – Many people underestimate the power of local networking and only focus on the digital aspect of marketing. However, proper networking with other business organizations, event organizers, high-value individuals, and even family or friends can bring out the true power of word-of-mouth advertising that can spread your good reputation and life wildfire.
Thus, whenever you get a chance, participate in important community events and trade shows alike to make important new connections that can propel you towards a better future. In fact, it is recommended that you join a community association since it offers a great way to meet many business owners and high-value clients.
- Prioritize customer service – A housecleaning job is not just about cleaning. It’s about creating a delightful customer experience so that they keep hiring your service on future occasions. That means it’s essential to create a good first impression. The best way to create a good impression on your clients is to first and foremost, do the house cleaning job well but offer a personal touch that makes them feel special. For instance, you can offer them free value-added content such as specific and practical tips to keep the place clean.
Another option is to leave behind gifts such as pens, calendars, magnets, notepads, and other such things with your company brand. This allows you to impress your clients and also ensure they remember you for a long time.
No matter what you do, your priority should be to rank on the first page of Google locally, preferably the first spot when you search “home cleaning services near me”. Be sure to check with different devices and always use the incognito window to make sure the search results are not being affected by cache or cookies. Along with SEO, follow the tips stated above and you are sure to book more house cleaning jobs than before.